Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Violated"


A man “Robert Jordan” was offended at work because of a racial slur that was said at his work place. The white co-worker loudly described a pair of crime suspects as "two black monkeys in a cage." Mr. Jordan was fired for standing up for what he believed to be wrong. He went to the Supreme Court and they refused to put stricter limits on racial slurs in the workplace. Its crazy how people have been fighting all their lives for freedom and equality, yet no one is really free or equal. These same people are the cause on why this world would never be a utopia. Language is a gift that we are ungrateful for and take for granted. It shouldn’t be use to hurt peoples feeling’s, instead it should be used to express “our” feelings. People around the world have been victims of being mistreated. The reason I say mistreated is because the foul words that are being put together in languages can hurt. In this situation I wouldn’t say I seen it all, but I would have to say I heard it all. I have heard people call each other names such as cracker, nigger, and spic. We are so close to a perfect world yet it seems so far. If we can learn to accept everyone in this world, I believe there would be nothing too far from reach for us as one in “Unity”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment